Monday, September 10, 2007

In the beginning...

So here's this shiny new place to write all sorts of hopefully interesting (or amusing?) stuff. So here's what happened:

A friend of mine, who I'll refer to only as "Speck," told a group of us about the many virtues of "Blogger." Now, I really hate the term blog because it's really just this fad thing that everyone seems to need to have, but I do have to say that the interface is interesting, and it does provide a place to say what's on my mind.

During the last few weeks, I've had this great desire to start writing about stuff. I could just write the dang content in raw HTML (or even as plaintext) as any other mad computer scientist would do. But this just seemed like a way of recognizing the talents of some other mad computer scientists out there and prevent becoming too focused on the layout (someone already did that!).

So in the coming posts, expect odd opinions, rants, and some technical revelations. In other words, my own version of what everyone else seems to write, but with my own twist.

No comments: