Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Making easy-listening music palatable

In my continuing exploration through the cassette tapes I have had since the 1970s, I found a treat that absolutely deserves sharing...

Somehow I must have been in a really weird mood one evening. I had a sound effects record, my FM radio tuned to the "easy listening" music station, a tape deck, and obviously way too much time on my hands.

I have three songs: an instrumental version of "I'll Never Fall In Love Again," some really sweet vocal but can't figure out what the title is, and another instrumental of a song I don't know all mixed with the sound effects recording of a thunderstorm playing in the background (the track was repeated over and over again as needed). I'm not exactly sure how I mixed the recordings because the sound quality isn't all that bad considering the equipment used.

In any case - the results were hilarious and almost soothing at the same time. Particularly with the vocal, in some places the thunder clap came at just the right time in the song for humorous effect. It was definitely worth saving for posterity.

No comments: