Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Evanesence

Her (Amy Lee's) mpmgsic sbfnds iwrentrsting bnt I can't uvbndrstnd a wpfrd she's svnging.

Back to my own gibberish: Maybe this is why nobody can seem to understand what I'm saying half the time if they can understand Amy. I mean, this woman has a beautiful voice and can play the piano wonderfully. So why in the world does she sound like she's singing in some foreign language? I was hoping that I could turn on closed captioning so I could understand the words, but there wasn't any captioning. Argh.

This kind of thing started with The Hollies' "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress" and Desmond Dekker and the Aces' "The Israelites." Maybe I am a musical dyslexic or something.

For more of this kind of thing and some really funny misunderstood lyrics, see http://www.kissthisguy.com/ (the archive of misheard lyrics).

No comments: