Friday, February 22, 2008

Random Disc onn ecte d Thoughts

In one of my doctor's offices, there is a sign:

Please be seated
Someone will
be with you soon

While waiting, I decided that the sign really needed to be made into a haiku:

Please be seated now
Someone will be with you soon
Insight lies within

The doctor was amused, but not ready to change the sign.

****************************************

I've realized that I seem to like a lot of the music that was popular the year I was born. I wonder if my parents played the radio a lot during the 3 months prior to my birth (or maybe after I was born).

****************************************

Someone at the computer user group I attend was saying how bad dairy products can be for you (while we were eating pizza). I asked, "Did you know that if you drink water you'll eventually die?"

****************************************

The History Channel's documentary "History Of The Joke" wasn't very funny. It had a few laughs, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be (especially for 2 hours).

****************************************

Because of a friend's recent blog posting I decided to resurrect my match.com account to see what changed in 2 years. During my exploration, I discovered a few things:
  1. Not much has changed in 2 years - including some of the people.
  2. I still am weird enough to match almost nobody (particularly if I'm honest about who I'm looking for).
  3. The ones I do match aren't really a match
Also during my "dishonest match" search I stumbled on the profile for someone I knew (and recently met). I now realize why we got along really well, but why nothing happened beyond nice conversation.

I do believe I will probably put my account into slumber again because, for me, it's false hope. Where did I put that half-full glass again???

****************************************

I've again succeeded in procrastinating sleep. I don't know why I do that.

No comments: