Monday, March 3, 2008

Five Years

I almost entirely missed a major milestone in my life: It has been 5 years since I moved into my current house -- February 12, 2003. Despite all the issues, it almost seems like yesterday.

A lot has happened in the past 5 years. A lot has stayed the same.

It is tempting to write a review of the milestones that have happened over the past 5 years. I'm resisting the temptation.

The funny thing is that over the last 5 years, almost everyone who lived around me when I first moved-in are gone and new neighbors have taken their place. Many people would say that's a bad thing, and I admit I was afraid each time the "for sale" sign went up. Somehow, though, I must have acquired enough good karma to have been graced with a great set of new neighbors. What's even better is that all these folks look like they're planning to stay around a while.

So like my current job, which has been the longest I have ever worked in one place, this house has been the longest I have ever lived anywhere (except where I grew-up).

No comments: