Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Empty

I'm not really sure what to write about tonight. My mind and motivation are empty right now.

Latest Movies
  • The Last Word - A dark comedy about a guy who makes his living writing suicide notes for people. It was a good movie...a bit slow at times, but still good. If someone out there is interested in starting a business where people throw frustrating/annoying technology over a cliff and blowing it up, let me know.
  • Love and Other Disasters - This romantic British comedy was okay. I liked it, but it kind of left me with a number of real-life questions.
  • Pan's Labyrinth - Not a comedy. Not uplifting. English subtitles (from Spanish). I'm sure it has great cinematic value, but I simply didn't like it.
  • F**k: A Documentary - Exactly what the title says, it is a documentary surrounding the infamous "F word." It does dive into free speech issues as well (a lot). Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it was interesting and there were funny moments (Plympton's animations were priceless!). Instead of subtitles, it has a "F word counter" if you choose to turn it on.
  • The Five Forty-Eight - An acted-out version of John Cheever's short story of the same name. This is actually a "short" that aired on the PBS channel in New York back in the late 1970s, and was what gave me the motivation to actually read some of Cheever's short stories. It did bring back memories.
Other Happenings

Smokey isn't doing too well right now. I'm a bit worried about him - he's losing a lot of weight and his fur is getting kind of matted (I've been brushing/combing him though, against his wishes). The poor guy is starting to show his age.

I haven't done anything very exciting with the new netbook. I'm sufficiently burned-out of dealing with computer-related issues that personal computer projects are sitting on hold for a while...

Facebook overload continues. As much as everyone seems to want to post their every activity on Facebook, I just can't get into it. I've been acknowledging friend requests, but am not really doing much in the way of replying. I'd like to, but I just don't know much about what to write.

I'm not sleeping well. I don't exactly know why. I've been having horrible nightmares again about people and things being destroyed. This isn't helping matters. I'm not a violent person, and these thoughts (like movies of the same genre) disturb me. It has crossed my mind that my sleep apnea treatment may need some tweeking. A shout-out to all the peeps who use CPAP machines... (haha, no, I don't really talk like that...).

Time for bed... This week is going to be a rough one...

No comments: