Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TiVo's Revenge

As if someone from TiVo was reading this blog, all of a sudden today they announced that Pandora was now available on the series 3 TiVos, including the TiVo HD.  In addition, I was first told this by "Interceptor" (yes, I do remember who you are) in a comment and Susan D. in a private e-mail.  I'm sure I will continue to hear this for the next couple of weeks, but I do thank y'all for letting me know about it.  To add insult to injury, TiVo also put a message on my TiVo HD that Pandora was now available for the Premere, even though I was not on a Premere and it really did work on my TiVo HD.

Ugh.

Does this change my opinion of TiVo?  Unfortunately, no.  The damage has kind of been done already.

On that note, I found a cartoon from The Oatmeal titled Why I'd Rather Be Punched In The Testicles Than Call Customer Service that I think is appropriate here...

Also, my RoadRunner service has been failing intermittently all evening long.  It seems I have somehow evoked bad Karma from somewhere...

No comments: