Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funny Netflix Recommendations

You may think somehow my sense of humor got destroyed by my leg injury and cold.  Well, you'd be wrong.  Now presenting:  Funny Netflix Recommendations

Recommended:   Dogs Decoded: Nova (a PBS documentary)
Why:  "ed: Wallace & Gromit: Three Amazing Adventures, Lie to Me: Season 2"
(unfortunately, there isn't a "Cats Decoded" episode of Nova or I would have been interested in that, but not because I enjoyed "Lie to Me: Season 2")

Recommended:  Life Of Birds (a BBC documentary)
Why: "Because you enjoyed: Coupling: Season 1"
(hahaha ... how in the WORLD did they come up with that one?!  Do they really think everything on BBC is a documentary?!)

Recommended:  Invader Zim (a children's cartoon series on Nickelodeon)
South Park: Season 1, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, The Nightmare Before Christmas"
(obviously the recommendation staff at Netflix has never seen South Park :-)

Last-minute edit:
Recommendation:  Vicodin and a cane
Why:  Because your right leg hurts like a sonofabitch and looks like it could fall off at any time, and because you're a wiz at what you do and have an attitude to go with it, and because you enjoyed "House" (the TV series)

Yes, I made this last one up, but I am actually taking at least part of the recommendation.  The cane will need to wait...and I'm a lot more compassionate and empathetic than Dr. House (but then again, he got Dr. Cuddy!)

1 comment:

Toni said...

Give Invader Zim a try. I think you will like it.